Is your extender not working? It might be because there could be some setup issues. You do not need to worry as we are here with some setup tips which will help you get this Wavlink extender at your place.
Setup Wavlink Wireless Extender Manually
This one is the manual method for setting up the Wavlink extender. Do follow the given below steps for the wavlink ac1200 setup:
- Connect any device to your Wavlink WiFi Extender which is WiFi enabled like a laptop, smartphone, or computer etc.
- After this, when a light starts to become visible on the extender it means it is in connection.
- Now, wait and search for the settings on your device.
- In addition, select the wireless WiFi settings on your device.
- You may find the Wavlink Extender Setup when you follow the extended network connection.
- Bring on a web browser like Mozilla Firefox after that open the Address bar.
- Therefore, enter the extender’s web address and a new page for the extender will open up on the display.
- Finally, install or connect the Wavlink extender, just after following the setup instructions on the device’s screen.
Wavlink Extender Setup Through WPS Method
We call it the Wireless Protected method or push button both. Considering the purpose, you can follow these instructions:
- First, move your extender near the proximity of the router.
- Then, after connecting it, turn the extender on.
- Wait for the light to turn on green.
- Then, hold on the WPS button on the extender.
- At the same time press the WPS switch on the router and extender..
- Let your home networks synchronize and wait with the router. If, a green light is visible after connection.
- Once you will get onto the extender setup page by logging the installation it means the process is complete after doing some basic things.
How to Update Wavlink Firmware?
- To start with, establish a cable connection between your Wavlink extender and the router.
- Take an Ethernet wire. Just ensure that it might not be a damaged Ethernet cable.
- In addition, make sure while establishing the connection that it should be a finger-tight Ethernet connection.
Open a Web Browser
After making sure that you are done establishing a connection between the updated devices, take one laptop or a computer. As this will be the device you would be establishing a connection with. So make sure it is virus free.
You nod your head yes if we will be asking if your computer or laptop is ready for use now. Great! So, load your favorite internet browser. First, you need to update, and second, it should be from cache, cookies, and browsing history.
Do The Reset Operation
Switch on the WLAN extender to perform the reset process if you face an error in its working.
- For about thirty seconds, press and hold the button.
- Turn off the extender holding the button at the same time.
- Still keep holding the button for quite thirty seconds.
- Continue holding the ability and button on the extender.
- Again hold it for an additional thirty seconds.
- The extender can intercommunicate its default settings when the completion of this reset operation.
- Currently, you’ll be able to simply access the extender’s default setting method. Send your system for repair if you continue to can’t resolve the problem.
Reconfiguring The Extender
- In the new beginning for configuration, connect your main existing router with the rockspace WLAN extender.
- Then, attach the wireless networks to the net.
- After that connect the coax to the system.
- Therefore enter the respective address in the address bar of your browser.
- Press enter to proceed.
- Now, just check if you are among the list of your extender to attach to the Wifi existing router.
- Once the login process is complete.
- While browsing the extender just ensure to verify the IP address of the extender.
- The login page will display the current admin default username and the password as well.
You May Forget To Place The Devices Close
- Do not forget to emit them as they can cause a problem with your WiFi signals. Distance is a big issue of all time, never forget that. First, you need to verify the router’s placement. So there can be no dead zones left. As these dead zones can actually break the signals chain and also disturb transmission.
- As said above the Wavlink router and the extender are at a nearby place. Although this one was the easiest tip; if you think you are unable to fix the problem you can probably take the other step. Which is a hard reset.
We are up with the most exclusive tips for Wavlink AC600 Setup. But if you think you are not able to do so then, you can log in to the portal of Wavlink and configure your device. However, if you still face an error like wifi.wavlink.com not working, try using the IP address.